Unity is an inclusive spiritual community with an extremely positive approach to God and life. We understand those who consider themselves spiritual more than religious. We are committed to not only helping you live a greater life, but also to helping profoundly transform our world through love.
Celebrating a history of excellence spanning more than four decades, we offer a sacred place to learn and grow. In addition to our facilities and a dynamic Sunday service, we present a wide variety of classes, workshops, seminars and guest speakers throughout the year as well as outreach opportunities to make a difference locally and globally. Please check our Calendar for current offerings.
Embracing the belief that there is one God called by many different names and found through many different paths, our congregation is a beautiful kaleidoscope of people from different religions and races, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, ages and sexual orientations. Unity of Orange County has become one of Unity’s most dynamic ministries.
Our Mission Statement
Celebrating Oneness, Changing Lives, Co-Creating a World that Works for All
What is Unity?
- Practical Teachings for a Healthy, Prosperous and Meaningful Life.
- Spiritual more than religious.
- A teaching and a way of life more than a creed.
- The practice of Jesus’ teachings rather than the worship of Him.
- More interested in helping people develop a spiritual life and a meaningful relationship with God, than membership, conversion or evangelism.
Spiritual seekers often say that finding Unity is like coming home. Unity is an open-minded, accepting spiritual community that honors all paths to God. It helps people discover and live their spiritual potential and purpose.
As a positive alternative to negative religious experiences, Unity seeks to apply the teachings of Jesus as well as other spiritual masters. Unity affirms the power of prayer and helps people experience a stronger connection with God every day.
Unity emphasizes the practical, everyday application of spiritual principles to help people live more abundant and meaningful lives. Its local spiritual communities offer inspiring ministers, beautiful places to meet like-minded people, social activities, potlucks, youth groups, retreats, workshops and classes. The Unity movement also provides free 24/7 prayer support (called Silent Unity); publishes books, magazines (including Daily Word) and CDs; sponsors a full-service website at www.unity.org and broadcasts a free 24/7 online radio network at unity.fm.
Although personal and spiritual growth come from within, most people appreciate learning, friendship, support and companionship along the way. Unity is committed to helping you find your way to your own understanding — and experience — of God. The result? You feel good about yourself and discover the peace and joy of abundant living.
Five Basic Principles that Make Up the Unity Belief System
- God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person, therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
What We Teach
- We all have an innate capacity to know God through direct experience.
- The “Christ” is that part of God that is in every person. There is a spark of divinity within all people just as there was in Jesus.
- Prayer works.
- Heaven is not a place, but a state of consciousness; we create our own heaven and hell here and now.
- We are here to set a positive example and be a role model for others.
- We are here to make the world a better place.